Tuesday, June 17, 2008

One Last Beach Hurrah

Tuesday when I arrived in Pochomil without calling first, Toshy was laying under a huge shady tree taking a long nap. When I whistled for him he came running out and jumped all over me. We were both so happy to see each other, I was a very cool moment. We played a bit and then headed down to the waves for one more short surf session on our local friend's board. The surfing wasn't so great for me, but being in the ocean again felt amazing, as usual. I worked on my tan lines in preparation for my long journey back to the States in just two more days. I was happy to see that Tosh seemed happy in his new home, and I took the three hour bus ride back to Managua followed by a cab ride back to my hotel, with just enough time left to book my hotel in San Salvador for the next evening, discover that I would be taking a 3:30 am bus there, and grab a quick bite to eat before sneaking in a mere 3.5 hours of sleep that night.

1 comment:

amd said...

Jenny Jenny....are you home now?? Your description of your encounter with those Latino lechers had me very worried for you! I'm so glad your motorcycle friend arrived timely. I too would have cried upon leaving my vacation pet behind at its' new beach home. But you have Coz to reacquaint with yet.

What an epic adventure this has been. I'm in awe of you...Marky