Saturday, March 7, 2009

Casa La Paz

Last Friday I moved up the coast a good long distance to the Guanacaste area. Similar to last March, I again find myself living in a beautiful little casita with things that I don’t need, such as granite countertops, oversized shower heads, light dimmers, Cuisinart appliances, and night lights furnished throughout. I probably most appreciate the patio space, where I like to hang out every morning and night before and after sleeping. At night, I can hear only the howler monkeys through the wind, and in the morning I hear the wind chimes and the happy birds that surround my space while I eat my breakfast and sip my cafĂ© con leche. At home, I hang out on my deck in the summertime as often as possible, but I’m always having to look at and be looked at by neighbors in almost all directions. Although I do love my neighbors a ton, it sure is nice to stare out at wild life instead for a while. I have a fairly lengthy walk to the surf beaches from here. Although it was presented as a 10-minute walk, it’s actually a good 25 minutes instead. On the upside though, I seem to be staying in good shape with yoga, surf, and walking everywhere. Oh, and I’ve rented a bike for the month, which helps with trips to and from the very few local establishments and to the beach. Once the water warms up to beyond ice cold (due to the currents passing through), I’ll be trying the bike ride to the beach with my 7-foot board in hand and trusty little Cos running by my side. I’ll let you know how that all goes – it’s a shame that I can’t take video of my goofy self at times like these!

No comments: