Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fun in the Sun and Waves

Yesterday was one of the funnest days surfing so far! I got the beach early to try and beat the on-shore winds, but they beat me. As I was strapping on my leash to my ankle, I noticed that the tip of my board had been bashed in. Que Lastima!! I had loaned it to my friend who allows me to store my board at his store which is on the way to Avellana, but all is well because I had SolarRes for a previous ding when I somehow lost my fin. So I spent the morning repairing the entire tip of my board and I now feel that I could and should be a certified ‘ding repair’ shop! Perhaps that what I'll do if I don't find work in my field when I go back; Jen's Traveling Ding Repair'. After grabbing a delicious bite to eat at a friend’s friend’s house and letting the fresh fish which was caught that morning, rice, beans, and fried plantains digest, I was ready to hit the waves on my newly repaired board, along with everyone else who’d been waiting for the winds to shift. Yippee! I rode more waves yesterday than ever before. Then we went to watch the Costa Rica vs. Mexico game at a local bar/restaurant. I learned yesterday that Mexico is Costa Rica’s biggest rival, which was very exciting, but Mexico won. Que Lastima!!! But all is well because I'm living in Paradise and loving each day. I hope you all are having a wonderful day in your own little paradise! Pura Vida.

No comments: