Friday, May 1, 2009

Cos and I have been home for exactly one month now, and I am so missing the good people I used to see each day in Costa Rica. I don't have to wonder what they are doing now, because they are doing exactly the same thing they did every day while I was there. That is the beauty of their lives. I'd love to zip back just for a weekend of surf and fun, just to say hello and feel the warmth of the sun on my body again. I've been noticing that Cosmo's black fur is now a shade lighter - in fact it almost looks brown. I think he misses the lazy days by the ocean too. There's not much for him to do inside all day when the weather is chilly here. But for me, I'm busy doing job searching in this crazy economy where everyone and their dog also seem to be looking for work to survive. I often think of packing up everything and heading back down with my tent and a camp stove to wait out the recession a little longer, but alas, I do love these beautiful summer nights in the mountains. I'm back at the yoga studio every week for my volunteer shift. As of today, the studio turned non-profit, which is exiting for the community and especially those who could not afford the steep $12/class. It's nice to have the great energy there, but I have to admit that I miss the energy of Casa Papaya's Gabby yoga practice as well. Isn't it great to be showered with amazing positive energy everywhere we go? Namaste and Shanti.

No comments: