Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hit by the Gua-Gua

Another good day at surf - yay! I was sleepy this morning from dancing the Merengue last night until 1 am, but still made it out. After surf, however I had to run errands - store and water refills. The store went ok and I amazingly made it back with three heavy grocery bags hanging off my right arm while driving my moto from Sosua, but when I went to refill water, not so good. I had to go to four different places to get my refill, and while driving around with my 5-gallon bottle resting on the gas tank, I was actaully 'bumped' into by a gua-gua! I couldn't believe he hit me as I was just cruising along my side of the road in search of water. All is well though and I luckily came out of it fine with no major crash - driving here is absolutely nuts!!!!! I've decided to use the moto more sparingly from now on.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you ok? I cannot believe you forgot you were not in the States -Remember... the red light in another countries means "get out of my way or else..."

Be careful but not afraid girl!