Tuesday, March 18, 2008

La Gripe

I have the gripe today. That's the cold/flu that I woke up with yesterday morning. Yick. Although I had to smile this morning when I noticed this cute little frog peering in my window as if to say "buenos dias, rise and shine Senorita, you'll feel better soon". Then the gardner brought me some medicina from the farmacia for my sore throat, congestion, headache, and body aches, and my sweet Canadian neighbors cooked me up a German sausage for lunch! Yep, I eat sausage now (since today) and I'm being well taken care of.
The craziest things happen when you're out and about in the world. The sweet neighbors while cooking the lunch sausage, also informed me that one of our upstairs neighbors (also from Montreal) died yesterday morning. He was hanging out here by the pool the day before, and died that night on the way to the hospital of a fatal stroke. My nieghbor told me that he had a great last day, and reminded me that's what matters. Life is sometimes short and we must live each and every day in a way that fulfills us completely. I heard somewhere that happiness is a gift available to all, and it is our job to find it! More good words of wisdom.
Back to dinking my lemon water, resting, and admiring the beauties that lay just outside my door.

No comments: