Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Granada

Granada is a beautiful colonial city. It sits on the north shore of Lake Nicaragua, is full of charm, beautiful cathedrals and colonial houses. I'm so disappointed with that evil-doer William Walker for trying to burn the city down. Screw him, the city is still beautiful. Wish I had a camera to take photos for you, but I've posted a couple from my favorite website, taken by Galen Fry Singer. Above is the cathedral around the corner from my hotel. Beautiful, isn't it? The lower photo, also taken by Mr. FrySinger is the Central Parque Pedro Tosh and I stroll through every day.
I've found that people in Granada are especially cruel to animals. Pedro Tosh has been poked, scared, and kicked several times just because it makes idiots laugh. Yesterday I got pissed off enough to make two different huge scenes on the street.
The first, which happened in the morning while walking back to our hotel after breakfast, was a dirty little homeless boy sitting with his brothers, sisters and mom on the sidewalk up a gainst a bldg., and he punched Pedro as we walked by. Tosh yiped loudly, and I turned around and yelled, 'what are you doing?' I stood there staring at him, and of course he said nothing but was startled by my reaction. I then looked at his mother and asked the question again. She then decided to reprimand her son, so we walked on. The second event happened when I accidentally wandered into the local's market part of town in search of dog food for Toshy. When I stopped at a corner store to inquire, a man 'fake hit' pedro and startled him. I gave him a nasty hard look and he did nothing but laugh. After I inquired within the store for the dog food, and began to walk back by the man, I did the same thing to him - that is I put my whole body into a fake punch to his face while all of his friends were watching, he flinched harder than Toshy did, thinking I would actually do it because he knew I was pissed. His friends were just as shocked, said nothing, and Pedro Tosh strutted home happily once again.

1 comment:

amd said...

Too bad you have to deal with animal bullies on your fantastic voyage. I DO like that you are becoming more like Chuck Norris through it all though--I think THAT's pretty cool. I need to go now so that I can start working on the screenplay for the movie about your alter-ego: Jennifer Suzio (aka: Sue Suzio) in: "Forced VenJennce"---coming to theatres near YOU Memorial Day 2009!!!!!