Thursday, March 18, 2010

A New Path to Celebrate

Last week I began Yoga Teacher Training. It's something that I've wanted to do for a very long time, and life has finally led me to a point where I can no longer procrastinate. I had just recovered from a nasty cold I caught at the restaurant, and was feeling pretty darn good going into the first couple of training days. On the third 10-hour day, however, I took my spot on the back row, and quickly realized that there were two yogis hanging out in the back of the room who were placed in the back of the room because they were sick; only the back of the room was in the same place where the back row of yoga mats were placed (including mine). Unfortunately, the lack of circulation in the room, abundance of caughing and sneezing, and perhaps even the little yogi hands and feet using my mat during posture learning, created an opportunity for my run-down immune system to become weakened all over again. Today I am at home, wrapped loosely in my blanket with my Cosmo dog and box of Vicks-infused Puffs at my side, just hoping to feel better soon. I think a long nap is in order today.

1 comment:

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

missing you, lets get coffee/tea and catch up!!