Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dharma

How do we know when we are on the correct universal path? Well, we just are. Our dharma is our path and we chose it before we started this life. I have a difficult time wrapping my tiny little brain around this ridiculously huge concept sometimes - especially when I have a choice to make and I don't know how to make it. Isn't it comforting to know that even if we make the wrong choice, we'll still be on our path? Comforting and disturbing all at the same time, since we often suffer, dislike, grunt, and groan, as human beings, and all the while we've chosen this very path! I find that I'm enjoying the yoga philosophy more than the asanas (postures) themselves lately. Did I really choose to struggle with teaching asanas, and if so, why? Well, my questions will be revealed eventually, I just need to stay focused on the task at hand and be diligent in my studies and practice. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi - I noticed that you had Tales of a Female Nomad listed below. My mom, Rita Golden Gelman, is the author and I thought you'd like to know that her new book -- Female Nomad and Friends: Tales of Breaking Free and Breaking Bread Around the World -- launches on June 1st and all the royalties go to educational scholarships for slum kids in New Dehli. We'd love to get tons of people to buy it from now until the first week to make it an instant bestseller. You can find out more here: www.ritagoldengelman.com and www.facebook.com/femalenomad. Happy reading from a proud daughter!

Kimberly Achelis Hoggan aka Sita LivDeep said...

Hi Jen,
what a wonderful reminder, that this is our path and no matter what we do we are stil unfolding are dharma...ps my dogs name is dharma

xoxo
kim